Author: Melissa De Silva
- 250g spinach or egg noodles
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 12 fresh shitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced
- 4 heads baby bok choy
- 450g large shrimp, shelled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes, or until soft but still firm. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat and swirl 1 tablespoon vegetable oil until just smoking.
- Stir-fry onion and ginger for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and stir-fry until just tender about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and seson with salt.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the wok and stir fry bok choy until tender.
- Add to mushroom mixture.
- Pat dry shrimp and season with salt.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in wok and stir fry shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked.
- Transfer to bowl with vegetables.
- Transfer noodles to wok over medium heat, add vegetables and shrimp.
- Stir fry until heated.
- Ready to serve.
You can add another seafood such as a squid, clam or scallops.